Spring meeting of the Finnish Society of Forest Science will be held on Tuesday 6 April 2021 at 15:00 as a remote meeting. Finnish law requires that all participants to an on-line members’ meeting of a society must register at latest a week before the meeting. Registration to the meeting has been closed.
A Zoom link to the meeting will be sent to all registered participants as a calendar invitation.
- Opening of the meeting
- Election of the meeting chair, secretary, reviewers of the minutes, and voice counters.
- Confirmation of the legality and quorum of the meeting.
- Acceptance of the programme.
- Review of the 2020 closing of the books, annual report, and auditors’ report
- Confirmation of the 2020 closing of the books
- Decision on discharge from responsibility for the board members and other liables
- Election of Board member for term 2021-2023 replacing Arto Kariniemi according to the 6th § of the statutes of the Society.
- Second processing of the changes to the statutes of the Finnish Society of Forest Science. The changes were accepted in the first processing in the Autumn meeting of the Society on 10 December 2021. The proposed changes:
- Remote participation in members’ meeting will be added to the statutes.
- The Society will no longer invite honorary members.
- Some linguistic and stylistic revisions.
Current statutes of the Society are available in Finnish at:
- Award of the prizes for doctoral and Master’s theses
- Award of the grants of the Finnish Society of Forest Science
- Spring meeting lecture by a winner of a prize on doctoral dissertation
- Closure of the meeting
Helsinki 10 March 2021
Board of the Finnish Society of Forest Science