Research grant of the Finnish Society of Forest Science
- A grant may be applied for primary source of income for scientific research for 3 – 12 months.
- If the applicant works part-time with the support of the grant without another employment, the work time must be at least 50 % of full-time and the grant may cover the amount equivalent of six months of full-time work.
- A research grant cannot be used as a secondary source of income, i.e. the applicant may not have another employment that exceeds 15% of full-time employment.
- A grant may be applied for research expenses, which must be verified with receipts.
- A grant for a research visit to a foreign research organisation exceeding two weeks must be applied as a research grant and the application must be made according to the instructions for a research grant. A grant for a research visit may be shorter than three months.
- A research grant cannot be used for overheads, daily allowances of the researcher, meal compensations, travel insurance, mileage or other similar expenses.
- A research grant includes the possibility to publish an APC-free article in Silva Fennica. The manuscript must be submitted not later than 12 months after the end of the grant period, it must be based mostly on research done with the support of the grant and the grantee must be the first author.
Travel grant of the Finnish Society of Forest Science
- A grant may be applied for participation in an international scientific meeting, in which the applicant gives a scientific presentation.
- A travel grant may be applied for a short research visit (maximum two weeks) to a foreign research organisation.
- A travel grant may be applied for travel expenses, lodging, and registration fees.
- A travel grant will not be awarded for side events before and after a meeting (e.g., precongress or postcongress tours). Costs of in-congress tours and possible conference dinner may be included in the grant.
- A travel grant cannot be used for overheads, daily allowances, meal compensations, travel insurance, mileage or other similar expenses.
- Abstract of the applicant’s presentation must be included in the application documents when a travel grant is applied for participation in a scientific meeting. If the presentation will not be accepted to the meeting programme, the grant will be cancelled.
- Visit to a foreign research organisation must be verified by including an invitation letter from the receiving organisation or another similar document to the application documents.
Other grants of the Finnish Society of Forest Science
- A grant may be applied for partial funding of an international scientific meeting that is organised in Finland.
- A grant may be applied for partial funding of an important scientific publication project. Popularisation of science is not supported.
- A grant may be applied for language studies.
- University students may apply a grant for partial funding of a study tour group. The applicant must contact the Executive Manager of the Society for a review of the acceptability of the tour for funding of the Society.
- A grant cannot be used for overheads, daily allowances, meal compensations, travel insurance, mileage or other similar expenses.
Starting 2021, the foundation Metsämiesten säätiö awards IUFRO grants directly. Application period of the foundation is 1 December 2021 through 31 January 2022. Check the instructions (in Finnish):