Working language of the excursion will be English
Finnish Society of Forest Science will organise a three-day forest excursion to Estonia at the beginning of September. We will explore Estonian forest research and practical forestry, see top science in modern laboratories, feel old times in an Estonian manor and walk through an Estonian forest. The excursion will be organised in cooperation with the Department of Forestry at the Estonian University of Life Sciences. The programme includes:
- Estonian forest service and forest policy
- Forest management planning in Tornator Eesti Ltd.
- Forest research and education in the Estonian University of Life Sciences
- Research on ecology and remote sensing at the University of Tartu
- Forests in social sciences
- Research forest of Järvselja and research on atmosphere-forest interactions in SMEAR-Eesti station
- Sagadi Manor Hotel and Garden
- Lahemaa National Park
We will depart from Helsinki on Thursday 1 Sep 2022 on board the 7:30 ship to Tallinn. We will lodge the first night in Hotel Dorpat in Tartu and the second in the Sagadi Manor Hotel. We will return to Helsinki on Saturday 3 Sept 2022 at 18:30.
The price of the excursion to the members of the Finnish Society of Forest Science will be 200. The price for non-members will be 270. The price includes:
- Ship Helsinki – Tallinn – Helsinki
- All transports in Estonia
- Lodging in a double room in Hotel Dorpat in Tartu
- Lodging in a double room in Sagadi Manor Hotel
- All breakfasts
- Lunch in Järvselja on 2 Sep
- Dinner in Sagadi Manor Restaurant on 2 Sep
- Box lunch in Lahemaa National Park on 3 Sep
The price does not include:
- Travel from home to Länsisatama (West Port) of Helsinki and back
- Lunch on 1 Sep
- Dinner in Tartu on 1 Sep – the evening will be free in the historic university town Tartu
- Dinner on board on 3 Sep (Buffet 27 € or several other alternatives on board)
Check the preliminary programme and schedule through this link.
The registration is closed. The invoice for full payment has been sent to all registered participants. We recommend a travel insurance for cancelations.