Spring meeting of the Finnish Society of Forest Science will be held on Tuesday 29 March 2022 at 15:00 as a hybrid meeting. The place will be House of Sciences and Letters (Tieteiden talo, Kirkkokatu 6, Helsinki), Room 505. Participation on site in the House of Sciences and Letters does not require registration.
Remote participants must register at latest on 29 March 2023 using this link:
A Zoom link to the meeting will be sent to all registered participants as a calendar invitation.
- Opening of the meeting
- Election of the meeting chair, secretary, reviewers of the minutes, and voice counters.
- Confirmation of the legality and quorum of the meeting.
- Acceptance of the programme.
- Review of the 2022 closing of the books, annual report, and auditors’ report
- Confirmation of the 2022 closing of the books
- Decision on discharge from responsibility for the board members and other liables
- Change of the auditor of the Society. In the Autumn Meeting on 1 Dec 2022, Audit Society PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) was elected as the auditor of the Society for year 2023. However, PwC has informed that they will be able to conduct the audit in the time frame required for reporting the state publication support. Thus, it is necessary to elect a new auditor. The Board of the Society will make a proposal for the meeting.
- Award of the prizes for doctoral and Master’s theses
- Award of the grants of the Finnish Society of Forest Science
- Spring meeting lecture by a winner of a thesis prize
- Closure of the meeting
- Coffee and cake in honour of the prize winners and grantees
Members of the Society with voting right may propose additional items to the meeting agenda. Items requiring a decision of the meeting must be made by e-mail to the Executive Manager of the Society at latest on 21 March 2023 (pekka. nygren [ät} metsatiede .org). Discussion items may proposed also later but at latest on-site when accepting the meeting programme.
Helsinki, 16 March 2023
Board of the Finnish Society of Forest Science
- Annual report 2022 (in Finnish with English summary)
- Closing of books 2022 (in Finnish)