The Finnish Society of Forest Science was established in 1909 to promote research in forest and wood science in Finland. The Society is a network of researchers that strives to stimulate scientific discussion and cooperation within the forest research community, to enhance communication between researchers and practical foresters, and to promote public interest in forest research. In spite of the initial national mission, the Society has also actively participated in international scientific cooperation.
The Society has about 500 members. Several companies, non-governmental organisations, and state-funded organisations act as supporting members of the Society.
- Application of grants of the Finnish Society of Forest Science is open from 17 Jan. to 18 Feb. 2022. Read carefully the instructions for applicants before writing your application.
- The newest bilingual information letter of the Finnish Society of Forest Science is now published. It includes New Year's greetings from our Chair and lot of information on the soon opening grant application round, right of the members and grantees of the Society for APC-free publishing in Silva Fennica and activities of the science clubs.
- Our newest Finnish-English bilingual information letter is now available. It includes, among other items, decisions of the Autumn Meeting on 9 Dec 2021, information on updates in our publishing platform and information on our planned forestry and science excursion to Estonia in 2022.
- Autumn meeting of the Finnish Society of Forest Science will be held on Thursday 9 December 2021 at 15:00 in Viikki Campus of the University of Helsinki, in Room 340 of the Forest Science Building (Viikinkaari 7). The meeting is open for all ordinary and honorary members of the Society, and to the representatives of […]
- Topic of current year's Forest Science Day was "Research-Based Knowledge in the Use of Forests". All talks of the morning plenary session and most talks of the afternoon parallel sessions were recorded. The recordings are available on the Forest Science Day site. Forest Science Day is organised with funding from the foundation Metsämiesten säätiö and it is a part of the activities of the Year of Research-Based Knowledge. Watch the recordings on the page of the Forest Science Day 2021.