The Finnish Society of Forest Science was established in 1909 to promote research in forest and wood science in Finland. The Society is a network of researchers that strives to stimulate scientific discussion and cooperation within the forest research community, to enhance communication between researchers and practical foresters, and to promote public interest in forest research. In spite of the initial national mission, the Society has also actively participated in international scientific cooperation.
The Society has about 500 members. Several companies, non-governmental organisations, and state-funded organisations act as supporting members of the Society.
- Application of grants of the Finnish Society of Forest Science is open from 16 Jan. to 17 Feb. 2023. Read carefully the instructions for applicants before writing your application.
- Human-Forest Relationship Research Club organizes its annual general assembly (online) at Wednesday 15th February 2023 EEST 4pm – 5.30pm. The annual meeting will be preceded by the first HFR Scientific Coffee session of the year, with an introduction on forest conflicts in Estonia. AGENDA 14.00 – 16.00HFR Scientific Coffee: presentation and discussion (in English)Peeter Vihma (University […]
- The newest bilingual (Finnish-English) Information letter of the Finnish Society of Forest Science informs on the decisions made in the Autumn Meeting, on the coming Grant application round 16 Jan through 17 Feb 2022, on the Contributor to Open Science Prize received by the Society and - for those fluent in Finnish - a call to comment the newest part of the forest vocabulary of the Finnish Forest Centre.
- Contributor of Open Science Prize was awarded to Finnish Society of Forest Science in the Finnish Open Science Winter Conference in November 2022 for opening forest research for scientists and public at large in open access journals and science events. Finnish Society of Forest Science has promoted the Everyone’s Right to Forest Science since 1994 […]
- Autumn meeting of the Finnish Society of Forest Science will be held on Thursday 1 December 2022 at 15:30 in Room 505 of the House of Sciences and Letters (Tieteiden talo, Kirkkokatu 6, Helsinki). The meeting is open for all ordinary and honorary members of the Society, and to the representatives of supporting members who must present an authorisation from the supporting member. Remote participation will be possible by registering at latest on 29 November 2022 using the link on the invitation page.